Friday, September 23, 2011

Ending

The story ends the way I expected it to because I had already read this book in high school. If I go back to when I first read the book I would say this is how I was expecting the book to end. This book almost has to much of a mixed ending. I was expecting Bernard and Hemholtz to be exiled to an island where they starve to death or something along those lines. I am not saying I wanted this to happen but just that this is what I was expecting to happen. Bernard and Hemholtz being exiled to a place that they will like a lot more is good but happy endings to me dont really exist. I like books that are realistic not ones that end happily to make the reader happy. I thought Bernard, Hemholtz and John were all going to be sent to a so called island but then really be killed. It wasnt all happy though since John decided to kill himself and take the easy way out. I guess that part was realistic and not a happy ending which I like more but still Bernard and Hemholtz had nothing happen to them which I find unfair for John. They got to go to the island while he became the crazy savage.

No comments:

Post a Comment