Friday, September 30, 2011

Zafira

I saw it the first weekend so I dont really remember a lot about it but I do remember how it portrayed the U.S. The play made the U.S. seem horrible. I went to the middle east last christmas and not all Americans treat them as badly as the play made it seem. They made the kids in her class seem like assholes when really not very many kids would act like that or ask a teacher about her religon or anything along those lines. I just think that play was way to anti-america. I have interacted with many people from that culture and I have never seen any americans treat them like people did in this play.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you to a point. I do think that people have been discriminated against in Amercia for being muslim or arab. The play I think was really bad. It was too exaggerated to get the point across and when she would flash into her alter ego was incredibly annoying. I wanted Vicky to stand up to the kids and tell them to stop. They were out of line and as a teacher she should have been able to control them, or at least send them out of the class room for being disruptive.

    ReplyDelete