Friday, October 14, 2011

Internment Camps

Healing Process For The Japanese Americans.

The way the Japanese heeled was very different from what I expected. The thing that stood out to me was how they did not talk about it. They had every right to talk about it and be mad about it but they didn't. They didn't want their kids growing up with a grudge against the U.S. I think because they did this it was easier for the whole community to get passed this horrible thing that happened. The other thing that I thought was huge in their healing process was the redress. This was a sort of closer for the Japanese. I am sure the money was nice but the thing that really mattered to them was the apology and finally feeling accepted. This made them finally feel part of America and was good closure.

Healing Process For The Arab-Americans.

I think Zafira's ways of recovery would differ greatly from the Japanese. She would tell everyone and hide nothing. Kids would learn about it as soon as possible. She would hold rallies and demand an apology instead of more or less requesting one like the Japanese did. I guess I don't know how exactly she would do it but I am sure it would be extreme. She is a woman of action and she would use her great power of empathy to make the U.S. feel ashamed and guilty. She would be loud not just in her voice but in her actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment