Monday, October 17, 2011

Short Story

I think I am going to do the short story about a future dystopia. I think I will focus on how advertising affects what we think, buy, and do. It will be similar yet different to the BNW. I will focus only on advertising and the affects. I will use the element of setting to bring together my story for the most part. I don't really know what my story is going to be like. I haven't put to much thought into it but it will somehow go to the extreme on how we as a society conform. How we think something is cool or awesome because we are told it is. I think I might do a story about how everyone starts conforming to what is supposed to be cool but then a tradgedy happens. That one thing that everyone gets because it is cool causes some sort of a disease which inevitably is going to kill everyone. Showing how if we all conform we are essentially killing our identity similar to the BNW. Its a rough thought right now but when I sit down and think about it a little more I think it should come together nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment